Working with retail developer; Speciality Shops Ltd, this project involved the creative re-use of the derelict, Grade II Listed White Cloth Hall. Dating from 1775, the building is the last remaining fragment of what was once a much larger market, central to the local textile industry. At the start of the project, the building was in a perilous state, close to collapse and in need of a new purpose. A new steel frame was inserted to support the existing masonry and timber structure and to create a new central space. The end result provides 2 retail units, plus a restaurant occupied by Pizza Express.